Saturday, May 23, 2009

First

This morning at 5:00 am (yes am) I was going to go back to sleep, but thought I would talk with God for a while first. The subject was on first. I told God you know its funny how in my old age (OK let just say right here I am not old I will be forever young, just ask Lily I just turned 21 this week), that I am having some first times. Like this morning at 4:30 am I had first I got a text message, not my first message but my first at 4:30. It just blessed my heart it said "I pray you have a great day with the Lord by your side" now tell me how could I not have a great day the Lord by my side and my best friend praying for me.

OK this past week I have been blessed with having first times happen to me. Don't worry I want share them with you.So I told God I don't really understand why now in my life I was having first, but of course he reminded me that it is timing that matters, not might. And then he remembered me that people in the Bible were not always young when they had first.Sara was 90 when she had Isaac, (that we not have to worry), Isaac was in his 40's when he met Rebekah, Moses was in his 40's when he led the children out of Egypt. Joseph and David were both called at a young ago to service God, but it was later in their lives when God really used them.So I guess we are never too old for first times, all things are possible with God. And we are never too old for God to use us for his glory. So as long as God keeps giving me first times I want them. Cause it's fun having first, makes ya feel special.

"I will love thee, O LORD, my strength."
Psalms 18:1

No comments: