Thursday, May 21, 2009

What to do now....

OK, summer is fast coming upon us. My organized Bible studies have end. So what now?

I have for the past 7 years attended Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) on Tuesday nights this week it ended. In fact as far as I am concerned it has end. You see it is a 7 year study of all the books of the Bible except Revelations and this year was my last year. I have so enjoyed doing it and the things that I have learn still at times amaze me. Someone will ask a question about something in the Bible and I will know the answer and that in part was because of BSF. Sometimes when my friend BB and I go places together with a group we play BSF. We ask questions about the Bible and when one of us answer we say I learned that at BSF. Actually BB is the one who got me started in BSF. We when on a mission trip together she was going and invited me, but she when to day classes and I had to go to night classes. I don't know if I have ever thanked her for I will need to do that.

I also did a Bible study at my church on Monday nights. We did mostly Beth Moore studies this past spring we did a Jennifer Rothschild study, that study ended this week also. And we are not doing another one until the fall and that we will be on Daniel by Beth Moore. I do also do my own personal quiet time.

So now that I don't have a BS to go to what will I do? I will continue doing my own personal quiet time and I do have BS that I can do, but think I will wait a while on doing them. The first time I am going to do which I have started is take books in the Bible and do my own study of each book. I kind of did this for a journal I gave my best friend a couple of years ago. I read through the Bible and wrote down verses that had special meaning to me or maybe just things that I had learn in my other BS's. But this time I am going to just read the book and let God lead me in what to write I am doing a journal with this study. I am starting with Habakkuk if you have read my other post Shake well before using you will know why. I also want to do some reading this summer I love to read, but with doing 2 full time BS's and my own quite time didn't have time to read. The first book I plan on reading is "Your Captivating Heart" that my heart friend gave me.

So I guess that is what is what I am doing next.

"That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of god."
Colossians 1:10

No comments: